If you need or want to change the left side navigation links on SharePoint, below is exactly how to do it, step-by-step.
1) Click on site actions:
2) 2) Then select site settings:
3) Next, select Navigation under Look and Feel:
4) Go down the page and under the Navigation Editing and Sorting select the correct area for the link and then select edit:
5) Change the URL to what the new link should be:
6) Click okay and you are done. Be sure and remember that for the URL you will only be adding the path beyond the root domain – SharePoint will already add in the root. (ie. If root is ghost.com, and the link is really ghost.com/ghostdepts/ghostfiles/ghost.aspx then you would just add /ghostdepts/ghostfiles/ghost.aspx, you will leave out the ghost.com part). If you don’t do this the link will be wrong and will not work.